Tuesday, March 7, 2017

SuCcEsS and wEaLtH are my Girlfriends.



Success and wealth are my girlfriends.  They are present in my heart even though I haven't physically achieved them yet.  We have a committed, exciting and complex relationship.  We also have our ups and downs.  If they need me, I work harder and go see them after I clock out.  They have no problem providing for us.

They always keep me on my toes and inspired.  Every day is filled with challenges.  And, it always feels good when we overcome one together. 

Some, if not most, of the things they do for me only add to the desire to continue and grow the relationship.  It’s a beautiful, regenerating circle of love.

During a down period, I try to remember those early days and what it took for us to be together.  I remember the long nights, wondering if I'd see them again.  I kept faith in the commitment we made to each other.

At times, my insecurities would have me wondering if they were busy seeing other people behind my back.   

The truth was, I was the ONLY one for them.  And, that was the ONLY reason we found each other.

       -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The majority of people in the world do not realize the characteristics most successful people share.  These days, the similarities have been studied, emulated and categorized into self-help books.

Here’s just a few…

      1)  The successful person, at one point in life, broke away towards the ‘road less travelled’.  They realized similarities were everywhere and that different was the only way.

     (This realization was interesting.  It led to a series of consecutive, eye-opening realizations shortly thereafter.  *Some people tried so hard to be different at this point, they never ‘returned’ to the normalcies of ‘Average Joe’ consumer.  Down the line, this would haunt their career.)

       2)  The successful person realized the easiest way to ‘be different’, was to ‘be himself’. 

     (And, oh by the way, he smiled at how easy this felt.  He started sleeping better and instinctively became healthy, defining personal morals and principles along the way.  These were the building blocks that would eventually define the type of man(ager) he would become.)

     *The smile temporarily disappeared as the ‘mold’ began to break.  He may have thought, “I can’t believe I was actually going out of my way to ‘stand in line and fit in’ with people.  He was glad to have ‘gotten out in time.’  And, he may have even began trashing his school books and dusting off unused parts of his brain by seeking out new avenues of information.

       3)  The successful person knew ahead of time that he was going to be successful.  It was a ‘no-harm-no-foul’  paradox of humility and ego.  The ‘Humble’ moral building block was fully cemented in to the base of the man’s  temple.  But, at this point, intuition was running the show.  Therefore, he could ‘know’ he was going to be  successful without being egotistical.  There was no harm in the thought because, if he did not end up successful, he knew it wasn’t because of the  thought. 

(The thought this time may have been, “I’m supposed to trust my instinct.  But, I’m also supposed to be humble and unassuming.  The fact is, deep down in my heart, I just know I’m destined for ‘big things’.  My instinct has done so much for me lately, it’d be a travesty to go against it now.  And, to top it off, whenever I bring this up to a friend, even in a joking manner, they literally laugh at me.” 

Here, another reaction occurs.  The laughs and mockery sting a bit at first.  Being the independent man he is, the successful person overcomes this quickly and dedicates even more time to ‘being himself’, working on himself and avoiding anything in between himself and success.)

*Maybe this is where the term ‘Fuck You Money’ came from.  The successful person confirms that, at least in the beginning stages, he must go at this journey alone.  And, at this point, the successful person looks himself in the mirror and sees new confidence, new hope in his eyes, more height and posture, a new man.

      4)  Successful people are organized and consistent.  They realize their brain can be trained.  And, they become good at programming it.  It avoids drama and time-wasting, spots bullshit and fraudulence and fights away doubt and worry.

      Who knows what they’re thinking.  Maybe they’ve placed two imaginary swords from Ancient China in the front of their every thought.  The swords slice away negativity as it attempts to enter the successful man’s ever-growing, positive and creative brain.


Success and wealth are my girlfriends.  If an actual female wants to join us on a life-long, committed foursome, she must understand these things.  She has to be attracted to all 3 of us.  She has to be prepared for long nights.  Nights she might sit up and question if he’s spending more time with the other two. 

Most importantly, she must want the same things.  She must motivate, inspire and challenge him.  She must tell him when his shit stinks.  She must be willing to lay in bed with Success without feeling as though she’s inferior for not being the one that brought wealth into the relationship.  She has to be willing to listen and learn.

It won’t take long for her to get to similarity number one listed above, thus creating another, more powerful and ‘dangerous’ successful person.






No comments:

Post a Comment